Russell Westbrook will have “more boundaries than advertised” on the trade market this offseason, Marc Stein writes at Substack.com. The Lakers are widely expected to seek out a suitor for Westbrook and his pending $47 million contract, though because of that salary, it could be a difficult task.
There have been rumors involving the Lakers and Hornets possibly swapping Westbrook for Gordon Hayward. It appears such a scenario is unlikely at this time.
Westbrook has been linked to the Knicks previously, though there are mixed reports on the franchise’s interest in making a trade for the former MVP. The Rockets have also been in the rumor mill regarding a swap of Westbrook and John Wall, though those reports came before the trade deadline.
More NBA Trade Rumors
- What direction are the Blazers going to take this offseason? Bobby Marks of ESPN.com writes that the franchise has the resources to make their “rebuild” happen rather fast. It could start with re-signing both Anfernee Simons and Jusuf Nurkic while using their exceptions ($20.9 million trade exception; $10.3 MLE) to add additional talent.
The Thunder are interested in extending Luguentz Dort and Darius Bazley at the right price, GM Sam Presti told The Oklahoman’s Joe Mussatto and other media members on Monday. “They’re both great guys,” Presti said. “I want to hear what they’re thinking, and I need them to understand we have to also balance the interest of the team as well.”
- The search for the Lakers’ next coach continues. Los Angeles is looking into Nick Nurse, Doc Rivers, and Quin Snyder as their next head coach but could also look into Scott Brooks, Terry Stotts, Mike Brown, and Alex Jensen, per Dan Woike and Broderick Turner of The Los Angeles Times. The Lakers’ head coaching vacancy isn’t seen as attractive as many would think, however.
- ICYMI: Our latest Cavs’ Notes included nuggets on the future of Collin Sexton and Caris LeVert.
Sameer Kumar contributed to this post
Watch the NBA Playoffs on fuboTV
Special Betting Offer From PointsBet
- Offer: Two risk-free bets up to $2,000
- States: New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Iowa
- Promo code: MVPBET (T&C Apply)